Making Egusi Soup
MRS BOLA EGBETAYO | CultureTree | London, United Kingdom | Global | Nigeria
A delicious recipe shared through CultureTree, a pan-African organisation committed to creating diverse opportunities to learn & experience West African languages, arts & culture.
Finely grounded Egusi Seed
Fish or Meat (Can also be combined)
2 Medium sized Peppers
4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
2 Medium sized tomatoes
Spinach or Kale
- Heat a well sized pot, pour the oil and wait for 2-3mins
- Pour the well blended pepper in
- Let it cook for 15 minutes
- Pour the ground egusi in and cook for 20mins until the oil start to show up in the mixture
- Add a tablespoon of iru
- Put the fish or meat and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5mins
- Add a 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- Add salt to taste.
This recipe is not prescriptive and can be varied, Sunflower or Vegetable oil can replace Palm Oil if preferred.
Preparation Time 30 mins - Cooking Time 50-60mins
This recipe was shared through a project by CultureTree supported by the Mayor of London.
CultureTree is a pan-African organisation committed to creating diverse opportunities to learn & experience West African languages, arts & culture - Welcome to CultureTree - CultureTree